Katie at Broken Resolutions has seen fit to bestow a Versatile Blogger Award upon me and for that I say, “Thanks, Katie! That’s cool!” I’m honored you think my little blog is award worthy, and I’m thrilled you’ve found inspiration here. Or at the very least, some entertainment value. The Complete Package will be happy to hear that his steak sandwiches with soy-ginger mayo have become a staple in your home. They are fabulous, aren’t they? And addictive.
And now, on to some award business. I’ve linked to Katie’s site above so you can check out her blog and photos of her adorable little munchkin, Bugaboo. Katie writes about her life, family, and job and the daily struggles & victories she faces each day as she tries to balance them all with grace. I hope you’ll drop in and visit her very soon. When you do, tell her I said hello!
Next up, sharing seven things about me that you may not already know:
1. I rode in the Goodyear Blimp as a child. Mom still has a photo of me and Big Sis to prove it. I was wearing my Brownie uniform. It happened sometime around 1969 to 1971, and I still remember how awesome it was.
2. I played the french horn in junior high & high school. Yes, I was a band geek.
3. Some of the movies I love: The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, Benjamin Button, Mr & Mrs Smith, Sleepless in Seattle, It’s a Wonderful Life, Up, Fantastic Mr Fox, Everything is Illuminated, that last Diehard movie, Shindler’s List, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Rango… well, there are just too many to list.
4. I love pancakes. Fluffy, homemade pancakes. And breakfast for dinner.
5. Born in Dallas; raised in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Big city girl, that’s me.
6. I once had to have my car towed when it slid off the highway during a hailstorm. I was dressed in a full chicken costume.
7. I’m a “glass half-full” person, always trying to find the positive in any given situation. My usual mantra is something along the lines of “S#!t happens, so you may as well laugh about it.” It has served me well.
For my last order of business, I will share two blogs I love. I won’t be redundant, since I’ve mentioned a few others before, but I will share two more I adore.
Jenna’s Everything Blog – Jenna hails from Chicago where she shares an apartment with her husband and a burgeoning window garden. Her blog is filled with recipes (her pasta pomodoro made my blog last week – it’s fantastic), family stories, and lots of photos. If I had to pick one thing about Jenna that I love the most, it’s her enthusiasm. She tackles everything with gusto and a sense of humor. I found her through comments she posted on The Pioneer Woman’s website. She was one of a lucky few women who won a weekend at PW’s ranch, and her stories of that experience with her lovely mother at her side, hooked me. Thanks for sharing so fully, Jenna. I always look forward to what you’ll do next!
Lucky Girl Sweets n’ Stuff – Katie is a fellow Texan, calling the hills northeast of Austin home. She’s a school teacher by day, and food blogger by night. Girlfriend loves to cook. Along the way, she throws in interesting stories about her life with her trademark spunk. She’s getting ready to launch a new website, The Hill Country Cook, so visit her now and get to know her, but stay tuned to see what the new website will bring. She’s destined to do great things. For now, check out her video series of recipes she submitted for the “Real Women of Philadelphia” cooking contest sponsored by Paula Deen and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Oh, the things Katie does with cream cheese!
A note to the bloggers mentioned above: you are under no obligation to pass this award along. You may exercise your free will at any time and simply smile and pat yourselves on the back, if you so choose. Or you can join the fun and pass it along to those you admire. Your choice. That’s the deal. Free shipping & handling. Limited time offer. Thank you for calling Time Life Books.